Special Event Application
Thank you for choosing WeGo Public Transit venues for your event.
Submitting the request below is not a guarantee that it will be accepted. Applications must be submitted no fewer than 45 days prior to the event (including set-up). You will receive a response to your request within two weeks of submitting your application.
Please note that WeGo property may not be used for individual political campaign speeches or activities. Campaign activities are defined as those activities directly related, pro or con, to the campaign or individual political candidates or ballot issues.
You are responsible for any required permitting, licensure, insurance, security personnel, staff, and equipment rentals for your event. Security and staffing may be provided by WeGo as needed at an additional cost. Applicants must provide a Certificate of Insurance (COI) naming WeGo as the Insured at the time of the contract and include an additional $1 million of coverage if alcohol is to be served at the event.
Rental fees for each facility are on a per day basis. No hourly rates are available.
|Riverfront Station Only
|$ 500 refundable if no damage
|Other RTA Train Stations
|$ 500 refundable if no damage
|WeGo Central Plaza
|$ 500 refundable if no damage
If your event is open to the public, please provide a phone number or email contact.
If you requested Riverfront Station, please complete the following:
Signing this Special Event/Rental Application verifies that you have read and understand the following terms and conditions:
- The Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) and Nashville Metropolitan Transit Authority (Nashville MTA) prohibits the reservation of RTA or Nashville MTA facilities to persons or organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex, in the admission to, access to, or operation of their programs, services, or activities.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to return RTA and Nashville MTA facilities to the condition they were in prior to the permitted event or to pay fees related to returning the property to the condition prior to the event. The applicant is responsible for ALL clean-up after each event. The applicant agrees to reimburse the RTA and Nashville MTA for all costs incurred in performing cleanup and repairs which, in the judgment of the RTA and Nashville MTA, the applicant has failed to perform. Cleanup and repair costs shall accrue at the rate of $30 per man hour. In addition, the applicant agrees to reimburse the RTA for the material costs related to the cleanup and repair.
- Upon request, appropriate personnel of the RTA, Nashville MTA, Transportation Solutions Group, U.S. Security Associates (contracted by RTA to provide security services at Riverfront Station) and Gray Line must be provided access to the RTA Riverfront Station property.
- The RTA and Nashville MTA have the right to revoke this agreement upon finding a violation of any rules or upon good cause shown.
- In the event of noncompliance with any provision of these terms and conditions, the RTA or Nashville MTA may, in their sole discretion, ban any event sponsor or professional event organizer, promoter, or the like from further sponsorship or promotion of any Event RTA or Nashville MTA facilities for a period up to two years.
- The applicant will indemnify and hold harmless the RTA, Nashville MTA and their officers, agents and employees from any and all claims, including but not limited to personal injury, property damage alleged to have arisen or resulted wholly or partially from the exercise of any of the rights granted under the agreement. This indemnification and hold harmless includes but is not limited to the payment of all attorney fees, expenses, costs, judgment(s), and other expenses, which may be incurred by the RTA or Nashville MTA as a result of any such claims.
- The RTA and Nashville MTA assume no responsibility or liability for any defects or other conditions of the Riverfront Station site whether the conditions are known or unknown by either party, and/or discoverable by either party.
- The applicant assumes the risk for any and all defects and/or other conditions, whether defects or other conditions are dangerous and/or whether these defects or other conditions are discoverable by either party, and/or known or unknown to either party.
- This document sets forth the entire agreement of the parties.
- The individual executing this document on behalf of the Event affirms that he/she is authorized to do so.
- No modification of this document shall be valid unless in writing and signed by the RTA or Nashville MTA CEO or CFO.
- No modification to property in any way is permitted without authorization of the RTA or Nashville MTA.
- Any RTA or Nashville MTA facility related occurrences, damages to RTA or Nashville MTA facilities, Nashville MTA electric charger, security concerns, and updates must be communicated immediately to the Commuter Services and Special Event Manager
- Tennessee laws shall govern any dispute arising from this document, and any suit relating in any way to this document shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Davidson County, Tennessee.
- Metro Departments, Agencies, and Municipalities are waived from the fees. These agencies are still required to get a permit to work in the Right-of-Way. Contractors working for Metro Departments, Agencies, and Municipalities are not waived from permitting fees.
Please initial items, sign and date the application where indicated below.
- Detours that will affect bus and train service must be reviewed by the WeGo Scheduling Manager and approved by the WeGo COO before event is approved.
- This application will frame the contract between RTA or Nashville MTA and the sponsor in detail operations, logistics, security, etc.
- Security deposit may be waived based on the event and the WeGo COO’s approval. If security deposit is waived, payment is due prior to moving in.
For additional information or questions please contact the Commuter Services and Special Events Manager at 615-880-3982 or email [email protected].