WeGo Public Transit is currently undertaking a strategic planning effort to develop a long-term strategy for future investments and service scenarios for the WeGo Star, a commuter rail service which began operating in 2006.
Currently, the Star provides morning and evening commuter service to and from Lebanon and downtown Nashville. In addition, the Star offers special event trains to home Titans games and popular downtown events such as New Year’s Eve and July 4th celebrations. All service currently operates between high-demand freight times through a cooperative agreement with RJ Corman and the Nashville and Eastern Railroad Authority.
Over the past several years, multiple planning studies have been conducted to look at transit service throughout Nashville and the broader region. This strategic planning effort is intended to identify changing ridership needs, impacts of current and projected population growth in the region, commuter and employment patterns, and pandemic related impacts on Star ridership. The result should provide options and opportunities to better utilize the Star to enhance regional livability, affordability, and quality of life for residents in Wilson and Davidson counties. It will also consider current and potential financial support structures and other means to improve the sustainability and long-term viability of the commuter train service.
Throughout the strategic planning process, your feedback will help shape the future of the Star.
What changes would you make to existing Star services?
How can the Star better serve your transportation needs?
What are the things you love about the Start service?
What kinds of things would you like to see in the future for Star service?
Sign up to get project updates here.
Take the online survey to provide your input.
A proposed timeline of planning activities and opportunities for engagement is below:
Round 1 Public Meetings – July 2023
Star Current Perception and Needs Survey – June/July 2023
Round 2 Public Meetings – September/October 2023
Star Proposals and Feedback Survey – September/October 2023
Draft Report – December 2023
Public Meeting Video
Public Meetings Presentation
July 2023 Public Meetings
Riverfront Station & Downtown
- Tuesday, July 18 from 6-7:30 p.m., Nashville Chamber of Commerce, 500 11th Ave. North, Suite 200, Nashville, TN 37203
Donelson & Hermitage Stations
- Wednesday, July 19 from 6-7:30 p.m., Fifty Forward, 108 Donelson Pike, Nashville, TN 37214
Martha & Hamilton Springs Stations
- Thursday, July 20 from 6-7:30 p.m., Body Kneads Coffee, 1050 Hamilton Station Blvd., Unit 103, Lebanon, TN 37087
Mt. Juliet Station
- Tuesday, July 25 from 6-7:30 p.m., Mt. Juliet Chamber of Commerce, 2055 North Mt. Juliet Road #200, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
- Wednesday, July 26 from 6-7:30 p.m., City Hall – Town Meeting Hall, Administration Building, 200 North Castle Heights Ave., Lebanon, TN 37087